skip to main content

Hopetoun House

If there is some unknown blogging rule about posting too many pictures in one post..  we may just be about to break the rule.. we thought about showing less details but there was just too much good stuff.. we thought about doing a two part post but we hate waiting!

Gill and John’s Hopetoun House wedding at the end of May was on the most glorious warm sunny day.  The colours of the flowers really came alive!  When we first met Gill, she mentioned her love of collections of things that we had designed previously – rather than just one solid arrangement two or three smaller things making more of a feature area.  Creating interest with different shapes, colours and textures.  At first we kept it small while brain storming ideas (not to scare her away!) but then we let loose with talk of peaches and peonies and crates and logs and moss and moss and moss and herbs and lanterns with a little burlap thrown into the mix! Working with Gill and John was a serious dream; they were so laid back and just lovely!





















            

3 comments:

Rona said...

Peonies are one of my very favourite flowers...but unfortunately as we got married in March, they weren't available.

Absolutely love the designs you've created for this special wedding...

Rebecca said...

Stunning, simply gorgeous...love all of it!!!! As a florist myself I find the work that Planet Flowers creates simply inspiring. Have to say think this is my favorite to date...so very me...anything with peonys and herbs and I am sold!! I have wedding flower envy. I know you will have worked very hard to gain your reputation but I also have client envy as well!!! How fab ... xx Rebecca

Amy said...

Absolutely stunning! I did Gill and the bridesmaid's makeup, such a fun wedding to work at!Looking forward to seeing you at Hopetoun for the Clark wedding in January!! xx